Myanmar Internet Exchange (MMIX) was established in September, 2017 as Myanmar’s First Internet Exchange Point.
Myanmar Internet Exchange is a neutral, industry-owned Association that provides IP peering facilities for its members. MMIX is a MyanMar Internet eXchange Point and Myanmar’s peering hub. MMIX membership is open to all individual and organizations that can benefit from peering their IP traffic.
For Local Service Providers:
- Reduces operating costs as there is no need to establish multiple links to exchange traffic amongst themselves.
- Enhances their delivery of the broadband services by reducing latency.
- Ensures better and more efficient traffic handling, improved quality of service, better and faster experience in accessing local content.
- Reduces operating costs as there is no need to subscribe multiple links from different service providers to reach their branches which is connecting to multiple service providers.
For Content Providers
- Reduces operating cost delivering contents over centralized and low cost local exchange.
- Enables content to reach out to local and regional users efficiently.
For End Users
- Cost effective
- Reduce latency
- Faster speed